On Tuesday we spent most of the day in the finacial district of Manhattan. We first visited Wall Street and saw the buildings where the World Stock Exchange took place. To be flat our honest I was very freaked out being there, because it was fully of police officers with loaded sniper rifles. Seriously, they were dressed as if fighting in Iraq. There were K-9 units walking around, it was very un-nerving. After we finished looking through an exibit down there we walked to Trinity Lutheran Church, which was beautiful. The stain glass windows were amazing and I told Mat that is would be amazing to shoot a wedding there and very hard due to the low light. After the morning we spent most of the afternoon at the World Trade Center Tribute Center and touring the site with 2 volenteers. This is probably the hardest thing to do. I was a freshman in college when 911 happened and at the time I felt like it didn't effect me. The only thing I can say is when you see in person the site, the recovered artifacts, along with pictures of the over 3,400 people lost on that day, one can't help but be moved to tears. The Tribute Center is run on a volenteer basis, most of the people that volenteer have something to do with the events that took place and or lost someone in the towers or in the rescue efforts. One of the tour guides was a chaplin that gave cousiling to fire fighters and families that lost someone. The other was the wife a fire fighter that gave his life to help save others. It was heart wrenching to hear their stories as well as face the reality of what truely happened. If any of you ever visit NYC, please take the time to take a tour of the World Trade Center, it is well worth the money, especially since it goes towards the fund for the families that lost their loved ones that tragic day.
On Wednesday we were so busy! We were able to snag free tickets to see David Letterman. Mat and I were walking around Time Square when we heard some one calling out "Free David Letterman Tickets!" We just sort of looked at each other like sure whats the catch, but all we had to do was answer a trivia question. "What does the man thats building is next to ours and we frequantly show do?"......"Uh.....uh".....the guy looks at us then politely says "It involves sandwiches.".....Mat says:"ummmmm....A deli?!" YES!!!! He got it right. SO we were able to go see David Letterman taped in the Johnny Carson Theatre. Martin Short, Amy Ryan, Chris Elliot, and Gerard Mulligan where guests.
After we watched the taping of The Late Show, we ate a quick dinner and then headed to The Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre. Now not all of you know me very well but those of you that do know that was my dream. If ever I made it to New York City I wanted to go see Phantom of the Opera on BROADWAY. Everyone would say "You know you can see it in Denver, right?" and I would look at them and say "Yes I know that, but how cool would it be say I've seen it on Broadway?" It was always just a dream, but my fantastic husband, Mat, made it a reality. Our seats were the second to last row in the theatre, but I sill got to say I saw I saw Phantom of The Opera on Broadway, in the Majestic Theatre. I was amazing. Nothing short of awe inspiring to be honest it actually brought tears to my eyes, when I heard the opening song. Now Janice is a big fan too, so during intermission I called her and I said "Okay, it's getting ready to start again and I'm going to let you listen for minute." So I did and I think she liked it, but of course over the phone is nothing like in person.
After we left Phantom we decided that we weren't tired, so we decided to go see Coyote Ugly, just to say we've been there. We ended up staying out till 4 a.m. but we had a lot of fun, and yes they are just as wild as the movie!!!
Again I give my photo disclaimer....I am a tourist! LOL






2 comments:
yay, more :)...and I also wanted to tell you that Jeff and I still think your pictures look great. You can still tell you love to take pictures :)....a gift.
I am so incredibly jealous that you actually got to see "Phantom of the Opera"!!!! I watched it this last week and was thinking of you and whether you saw it or not. I am so, so, so jealous! But so happy for you too!
Post a Comment