Monday, February 18, 2008

New York Experince Part One

I'm going to give you the run down on a lot of the experiences we had in New York City. Mat and I had such an amazing "honeymoon" and I'm also going to give another warning..I was such a bad tourist! I didn't really try to make my pictures look like someone that is pursueing photography as a career. I know that sounds aweful but I was just enjoying being a tourist and trying to take in all of the sights and sounds around me!

We left on the 10th of Febraury at 7 a.m. from DIA, this means that we woke up before 2 a.m. that morning to leave Cheyenne Wells to head up to Denver. When we checked in Mat checked his bag (I didn't want to lose my luggage so I didn't check mine). I had never been on a plane before this trip, except for a little 8 seater when I was in 5th grade. Now, was I nervous? Of course, but only because my e-ticket number ended in 666. At first it didn't bother me to have that on my ticket, but Mat's parents asked us to write a will before we left so it added to my worry a little! Our flight left Denver at 7 and we flew to Philadelphia where we had an hour lay over and then off to La Guardia airport in New York.

Once we checked into our the Holiday Inn Express in Brooklynn we took a nap and then headed out to see Time Square. It is absolutely amazing to to walk up from the Metro (subway) and it be night but all the lights make you feel as though the sun is still shining! We decided to eat dinner at the ESPN Zone
then we headed back to the hotel for some sleep so we could hit the town the next day!

On Monday we walked every where! Our first stop of the day was at the World Trade Center site. We walked around where all of the construction was going on and where the subway tunnel to get to New Jersey was located and we also visited St. Paul's Chapel which is one of the oldest used buildings in NYC. This Chapel was used as releif area for fire fighters and rescue workers during the caos of 911. After we finished going through the exibit at the chapel we walked to Times Square to see the picture on the Kodak Picture Of The Day. I do have to say walking up to where the billboard was located and actually seeing Janice's and Dave's picture followed my name as the photographer was, well, indescribable. There is such a rush of people that it's hard to just stand there and watch which if I had my way (and it wasn't so cold) I would have done just that.

After we ate lunch we went to Central Park and walked around. We really enjoyed seeing it but to be honest we were not there during the right time of year to truely enjoy Central Park. After we walked the small section of the park (we didn't even make it through 1/4 of it) we went to dinner at Dave & Buster's.

So that is the first 2 days of our trip. I'll try to get more pictures up tonight. Until then, Miranda is just going to have to wait! (just teasing)




3 comments:

miranda said...

awww...all I can say is..."thank you, thank you, thank you." this was a great start. and I am actually really proud of you that you enjoyed the trip and weren't all picky about your pictures. You needed that!...I can't wait to hear more but until then I'll be "waiting" :)...love you guys!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I have been so excited to get on and see your update because I have so been dying to hear about your trip. I am glad you made it back home safely and I look forward to seeing the rest of your updates!

Season said...

I didn't know this happened! So awesome. And so awesome of Matt to take you there to see it. <3