Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Memories

Yesterday was my Papa's birthday. I can't tell you how old he is because I honestly don't know...to me, my Grandparents are still young...and they are, young at heart. As a I grew up my sister's and I often visited during our summer breaks and we have some of the most treasured memories with them. When our families get together I'm usually the one who is doing impressions of all Grandma and Grandpa or even Great Granny. We all usually laugh so hard we are crying by the end. I believe that they are two of the most loving people in this world. Not just because they are my family, but because they choose to love every member of their family, whether we all get along or not, despite our failings.

This past September Mat and I went to Texas for my Great Uncle Melvin's funeral. While we were there I was surrounded by all my childhood memories, so I decided to try to capture them as best I could, that way as Kallie grows up she can look back and see who they were and what my stories are all about.

There is always a project of some kind going on at their (my grandparents) house. Grandma is forever saving things because she is going to use it some day in a craft project or scrap booking. Not mention all the things she's crocheted for us all. And Grandpa is usually doing something in his shop for one of us grand kids.









1 comment:

miranda said...

I was excited to see a blog about these pictures. I enjoyed them on facebook but they are way more fun with a post :).