Friday, March 21, 2008
A blast from the past
I just want to start off by saying, when Kallie was born I was NOT against using pacifiers. To this day I see nothing wrong with "plugging" up the kid when they are screaming at the top of their lungs in the middle of the grocery store. There is a point where I do believe that "passy's, binks, bobbos" what ever you and your family call them become a crutch not only for the child but for the parents too. I realized when Kallie was just over a year and half that it was me that needed the pacifier, not Kallie. I just "plugged her up" when she was fussing in public places such as a resturant or when I was on the phone and couldn't handle listening to her whine. Thats when I finally decided ENOUGH! You need to get over using that to pacify your need for quiet! So we searched for all the "passy's" we could find that she owned and snipped off the ends except for one and it was used only for nap time and night time. The only way we eventually got rid of her last one was losing it. I do not know how many of those pacifiers we owned but it was inevitable that I would lose one or both of them once a month. Now my sister Elaine was watching Kallie up at my Mom's house the other day and when I went to pick her up she came running up to me saying "MINE, MINE M-I-N-E." Now what do you suppose was in her hand? Kallie had found her Denver Bronco Pacifier, we have know idea where it came from but she sure did latch on to that thing! So I indulged her for a few minutes, long enough for her to show off for the camera. So here are some of pictures of Kallie and her "passy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
it was so nice getting to see you guys this afternoon. I am still so sorry that Jeff ended up being sick. I would have enjoyed getting to eat with you guys. But it was so nice to let the kids play for a bit. I would love to see those pictures :)...if you can e-mail them to me that would be great! thanks :).
Post a Comment