Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We adopted!

Last month we added a new member to our family. She is so tiny and has the most beautiful blue eyes! Kallie picked her out and hasn't put her down since bringing her home from the adoption agency. When I was pregnant with Kallie I found this place in the Chapel Hills Mall, in Colorado Springs. The store is called mollycoddles, and it's a little girls heaven. There are so many different dolls and what is even more fun is it's set up like a hospital. The window display is like looking into a nursery at a hospital, all the babies are swaddled in their blankets just waiting for their new mommies and daddies.

(Picture borrowed from the mollycoddles website)

When you go into the store they have the nursery on one side and on the other side is where the adoption takes place. After you pick out your baby, you get to give your baby it's first bath. Then they make out the adoption certificate with the name that the baby gets, and then mom and baby get hospital bracelets. Then Mommy gets to help the nurse give the baby a check up! Kallie was so cute during this whole process I wish I had a camera! She was so excited about giving Kadence a bath. Yep that's right, her baby is named after one of her favorite friends, Kadence!

There are so many good things about mollycoddles I just don't know where to start. One thing that makes me very supportive of Stephanie (the store owner/Creator) is because she is using part of the adoption fees, that we pay for our baby dolls to help real families adopt children in Haiti, by partnering with For His Glory Outreach. So if you have some time please visit both websites.

Here are pictures of Kallie with her new baby, Kadence.


1 comment:

miranda said...

that is so cute. I seriously can't beleive we have missed this store. Now we will have to look for it the next time we are there. I can't believe how big she looks holding that little babe.