Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Letting go

Today is a hard day of sorts for me. Kallie started her first day of child care. It's not really pre-school but it's not just going over to Aunt Elaine's or Kristen's house either. She wasn't too excited, she asked if she could stay home with mommy which kind of tore my heart out. Mat is the lucky winner of the drop her off for the first time lotto. I really didn't think I could handle it. Since it was such a big day I (of course) had the camera out to document her big day. Her is Kallie sporting the backpack that Auntie Jen helped her pick out when she came down in July.





This is also the sunset we had the pleasure of watching last night. We went to Pueblo for Mat's eye appointment. We also had tickets to the Rodeo at the State Fair, but Kallie was not in a very good mood yesterday so we ended up not going because she wouldn't stop throwing fits. After we got back to La Junta this is what we saw.



2 comments:

miranda said...

wow, those are beautiful sunset pictures. And I just love Kallie's dress that she was wearing. How did she do on her first day? I'm sure that was hard for you and for that reason I am glad Mat won that lotto.

Anonymous said...

I Love the pictures of her first day!!!! I can't believe she's all grown up and going to school. :o( So sad. Those sunset photos are absolutely stunning!!!! I miss you guys!!!!!!