Monday, May 19, 2008

Jon is 14 and Elaine Graduated!!!!!

This was such a long, wonderfully exhausting weekend! We've done so much stuff between getting my car fixed, traveling to Lamar for a birthday party, and having Elaine's graduation parties and graduation! It went by so fast, it was almost hard to take it all in! So many family members made the trip to help celebrate with us that we threw in my cousin Jon's birthday. He is turning 14 this next weekend so of course we had to have a wild birthday bash for him! Okay, so maybe getting together with all of his GIRL cousin's isn't his idea of a wild party, but we all had fun! We celebrated with a home cooked meal made by my Aunt Sandy of chicken and rice (Jon's favorite). Of course it was absolutely Delicious! We then hit the Lamar Lanes Bowling Alley. After bowling we went back to my Aunt's house for cake and ice cream, and presents!

Aunt Sandy helped Kallie bowl, it was actually very comedic as usual because she would tell Sandy, "STAY" she could do it on her own!


In this picture we are attacking Jon after we finished bowling!







On Sunday everyone traveled to La Junta for Elaine! In the morning we had a part at El Rincon's with my Mom's family. El Rincon has the cutest patio area to eat on and we were blessed with such a beautiful morning that it made for a fun party! Elaine wanted umbrellas in every one's drinks so we made virgin margarita's for everyone to drink. We had enchiladas and tacos for lunch and a variety of cheese cakes for dessert. Then it was off to Graduation to find seats!






My cousin Kayla watched Kallie for us so that we wouldn't have to worry about her getting bored while we were at the ceremony (Thank you Kayla, I appreciate it). It was a long ceremony, but it went pretty fast at the same time. All morning Elaine had complained that she was going to be the second to last to walk in at Graduation because of her last name. She said "It's so weird, everyone, including my class is just sitting there watching! And I have to walk to the beat and it's boring!" So we all giggled a little bit as she walked in with a little skip in to her step as she got down to the graduation march!









These pictures crack me up! They are of Kayla and Elaine. I told them you two better check and make sure you have your diplomas before you leave so they did! Elaine frowned and I said what did you not get yours! ;o)




After Graduation we had a small party with with my Dad's family at the park. We had pizza and cake (yes LOTS of food yesterday). It was nice to get to see my Grandma Van Galder and Aunt Gayle. We don't get up to the Greeley area enough to see them, but I'll have some weddings up in that area this year so we'll get to see them more often!





We ended with some fast familyp pictures with my Mom's family before Elaine ran off to some of her friend's graduation parties.





I got a real dose of reality and how fast time flies when Kallie wanted to wear Aunt Elaine's cap and gown. I am so excited to see her grow and graduate but I know how precious the time is while she's young and how we need to cherish it!



Elaine, I hope you enjoy college and have a world of success in the years to come. You are growing up so fast and I'm excited to watch your future unfold! Love you!

1 comment:

KacyJo said...

Yeah I used some Totally Rad Actions (Jessica Claire loves these) and some other free demos I found online. I love them. I will always use them now :) Not all the pics have them though. I thought some of the things I did before I found the actions were better. I wish you coulda been there with me though! Sometime we'll shoot a wedding together. :)