Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Simplicity

There are times when I feel like our life is going to spin out of control and I'm never going to be able to catch up with what is happening around me! That is exactly what is happening right now!! This week is cleaning house week because next weekend my little sister Elaine GRADUATES!! I can't beleive she is a senior in High School and preparing to go to College. It just doesn't seem like reality. So this weekend most of my family will be in La Junta, yes there is a fair share that will not be attending but there is definetly going to be enough that I have to scrub the house (ya know your faimly doesn't care, but you still fill like you have too).

Now so much has happened since I last posted! Not so much on a grand scale but we did a lot of traveling. Kallie and I went to spend a few days with her Grandma and Grandpa McMillan in Cheyenne Wells, CO. We also made it up to Pueblo for a few days to go shopping, then left Kallie with her grandparents so Mat and I could celebrate an early anniversary! We stayed in Downtown Denver at the Warwick Hotel. We were able to do so much and just have time to ourselves it was nice! We spent some time at Sing Sing and Lucky Strike. We just had a nice weekend.

One of the highlights of my weekend was when were shopping and I was able to buy a new "wedding" ring. Many people know that in a round about way I lost my wedding ring. I have been without one for about a year, so as apart of my Mother's Day gift and our Anniversary present. I love it, it's not the traditional wedding ring like what I had before but it's still beautiful! Thank you honey!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for an update! I do like that ring a lot! How exciting to have something new and sparkly. Yay for you!!!

Unknown said...

AWWW, beautiful! I love it.

miranda said...

Oh I do love it. That is a beautiful ring Gena! I'm glad you had such a good time. and like Kelsey said. thanks for all the updates :)!!! miss you guys!