Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Heart this Lens

So lately I have been trying to learn to be better with my camera. Excuse the lame quote but "I want to be ONE" with my camera. If I want a certain look I want to know what I need to do with my settings to get that look. Working with some of the photographers at the shoot in Denver did help, but just getting out and using my camera helps more! So today on Snapshot Forum we had a challenge involving Bokeh. This is the really pretty blur that you get in the background of portraits and/or macros. For the Challenge I decided that I would use the tulips up by my Mom's house as my subject. Well these are my results. I used my Canon Rebel XT with the 85mm 1.8 lens. For those of you that understand the technical part of photography I shot wide open, at 1.8 or 2.8 for these pictures. I used ISO 100 and varying shutter speeds but they were fast in the 1/1000 and up. There was no editing other than auto contrast and adding my logo. I really love how they turned out. I feel like some of them look like paintings with the soft blur of the background. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!!








**Edited to add**
Of course if you want to buy prints (*cough* Danielle) give me a call and let me know which ones and how big! lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Those are beautiful! Could I maybe convince you to let me buy a few prints? I'm serious! Great job!

miranda said...

yeah I love these too. I think I need to finalize what I want for flower pictures in my house, but I love love those pictures...I think that Blur is so fun!...you do a great job with any pictures I see, but I won't stop telling you that :)!