Monday, April 21, 2008

Mile High Photographers

This weekend Kallie, Elaine and I went to Denver so that I could meet with an old friend and Bride, Danielle, as well as do a Trash the Dress session with other photographers in the Denver area. I really enjoyed being able to observe and shoot with people that were so much more experienced than I am, it really gave me a confidence boost that was much needed.

On Saturday I was able to meet with long time friend (since 4th grade!) Danielle Hall. She is getting married in June and has asked me to photograph her special days, yes I said DAYS!! We have planned a bridal session a few weeks before the wedding to get together and do a bridal session with her fiance', Mike and her in their wedding attire for the display at the wedding. Then they have decided to have two ceremonies, one that is performed by a Rabbi and then the official wedding in Erie, CO. We had to wait to be seated for dinner at PF Chang's for over an hour so it was nice to have that extra time to just catch up with each other's lives. Me being the dork that I am sometimes forgot to bring my camera with me so I didn't get a picture of us together, but I had such a great time!!!!!

Then on Sunday we spent most of the day with my Aunt Donna, who graciously let us crash at her apartment! I miss being able to spend time with her like I was able to do on occasion when we lived in Denver. I think she will always hold a special place in my heart because she and her daughter Casey were in the delivery room with Mat and I when Kallie was born. She can give you some dirt on me, that's for sure!!!

Sunday evening I met up with Nicole Wolf and other area photographers for a Trash The Dress session. We had several models in wedding dresses, two girls for senior pictures, an engagement couple and a married bride and groom. Several opportunities that don't come up that often especially for new the industry people like me! It was organized by Andrew and I found out about it through OSP and Mile High Photographers.

Here are two pictures that I took a liking too.

This was our host Andrew and his wife Jessica.



This is Mark and Nicole.

4 comments:

miranda said...

those pictures turned out great!...it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope to see more pictures soon.

Unknown said...

YAY! I made the Blog! it's kinda an honor.

Gena McMillan said...

Of course you made it on the Blog Danielle! I had such a great time, but you can bet next time we get together I won't forget my camera! lol

Nicole said...

I had a great time on Sunday with you!! I think I ended up with a few good pictures! Definitely have to get together again.