Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sherman the Worman

I can't tell you how beautiful it was in Southeast Colorado yesterday. Not only was it beautiful but Mat had the day off! So Kallie, Mat and I decided why not spend the whole day outside?!

Our day started with breakfast at El Rincon. Now if you know Mat and I very well or really if you know my Mom and Elaine, El Rincon is the place to be! It's just a little Mexican food restaurant that specializes in breakfast burritos. My Mom goes so often that they call the #4- Sausage, egg, and potato breakfast burrito, smothered in green chili with sour cream a Reba!

After we ate breakfast we went to Wal~Mart to buy some necessities and found a lot not on our list too! We decided to dig up the planters that are in front of our house. In November we tried planing some daffodils and tulips, but I guess I didn't plant them right. So we dug up the ones that are starting to bloom and replanted them along with some dahlias, irises, peonies, and some more daffodils. Then Kallie planted some zinnia seeds to fill in the extra space.

Mat has decided that he and Kallie needed a project to work on together. So as a part of that we planted a strawberry plant, tomatoes, and some peppers. Kallie had so much fun planting them and helping put the dirt back around the plants. She is just getting so big!





While we were digging in the dirt we kept finding worms. Kallie has never seen one before but when she saw it she kept saying Pablo. Now after asking a few questions I finally put two and two together. She was talking about an episode of Backyardigans with Sherman the worman. So we named the worm Sherman, but after her curiosity wore off, fear took over. Kallie decided that it was scary, as long as it didn't move she was fine but when it wiggled she was terrified. She held it for a minute before freaking out but after that she would hardly look at it! After a lot of coaxing and talking we were able to get her to help us dig a hole to put the worm back in.



No comments: