Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lessons Learned

I spent most of the weekend in Colorado Springs with our friends Cory and Lorna. They are both such fun people to be around and we enjoy spending time with them. They just invested in their first home in Yoder, CO, where they were nice enough to let us spend the night. I just want to start off with saying Lorna is a FANTASTIC cook. She made us a dinner of baby back ribs that would rival Chili's! I just can't say enough good things about dinner, she worked hard and even let me peel potatoes! Kallie also thought she needed to help so she was our potato washer!

Part of the reason for our trip to visit Cory and Lorna was for me to take their engagement pictures. Cory has finally found the one that can keep him in line and put up with his goofiness! Lorna is so beautiful and they are very cute together! I am looking forward to continue getting to know you as your photographer and friend!!!

We did our session at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. I am still going through and deciding which are my favorite pictures but I just thought I would post a few that crack me up! Cory is a cheese ball, every time I turned around and I had to say "Alright, now lets try that again with a nice facial expression or with out looking like a dork Cory!!!" I've already been warned that these expressions were nothing compared to what he'll be like on his wedding day! (yay!!......NOT)

Now as far as the title of this post and learning a lesson. I learned that I needed to find better words when trying to encourage a pose or action for picture taking. I don't remember exactly how I said what I did but this is Cory's take on it!


Just having some fun.....



On this on Cory tried knocking Lorna backwards or off his lap...




I'll end with one that I love!

2 comments:

miranda said...

those are hillarious.... and I too love that last one. I can't wait to see more.

Nicole said...

Great job!! Looks like it was a beautiful day, where was the snow?!?